Let’s partner up! North American Western Dressage (NAWD), a non-profit horsemanship educational organization is interested in helping you increase participation in your show’s Western Dressage shows by promoting your show bills as ‘NAWD Recognized’ on our website and Facebook group. Within NAWD, our current audience is 30,000 with members across the country. We wish to encourage riders to use local live competition to perform progressive diagnostic ‘tests’ of their dressage training, foster a high standard of horsemanship within all riders and build camaraderie between Traditional and Western Dressage participants.
Why partner with NAWD? We recognize and reward Youth/Jr Rider, Amateur and Open Western Dressage enthusiasts competing in live and virtual shows with year-end Achievement Awards. We also offer FREE STARs recognition for Youth, Amateur & Open Riders, Horses, Coaches and Trainers. No membership or affiliation is required; however NAWD members do receive clinic and program registration discounts.
- NAWD TRAX offers year end awards for Individuals and Teams competing in Live and Virtual Western Dressage tests. Each Rider/Horse combination submits judge’s scorecards anytime between January 1st and December 15th and their top three scorecards are averaged to determine year-end Individual and Team championships and high point awards.
- NAWD TRAX also offers a choice of three more options -- Freestyle, Groundwork and Trail. In addition to Western Dressage, you are welcome to use any of the NAWD tests (Freestyle, Groundwork and Trail) at your show(s), just let us know so we can help promote.
- NAWD STARS program recognizes achievements of amateurs and professionals, horses, coaches and trainers in Traditional and Western Dressage. Scores from live and virtual shows are sent to NAWD STARS .
What’s required to be a NAWD Recognized Show?
- Let us know you’re interested by simply emailing us
- Offer at least one Western Dressage Test (about finding the right Western Dressage tests for your show) at your Dressage, Open or Breed Show.
- Show Judge must be credentialed as a dressage judge or learner -- USDF ‘L’ graduate, USEF Dressage Judge ‘r’, ‘R’, ‘s’, ‘S’, ‘O’, or have passed a Western Dressage Judge’s exam (WDAA or NAWD).
- We will provide you with a “NAWD Recognized” badge to place on your showbill and/or website
- Email your show bill in JPEG form as soon as it’s ready so we can review and promote it on NAWD’s website nawdhorse.org and Facebook groups.
- Include a brief scripted description of NAWD’s TRAX Achievement Program in your show’s confirmation letter (to be provided by NAWD).
Why offer Western Dressage Classes & Awards?
- Classes and Awards programs boost awareness of dressage, encourage members and non-members to explore dressage training and inspire by providing recognition to riders/horses to learn, progress and achieve.
- Encourages riders/horses to ‘test’ their training progression.
- Encourages inclusive Dressage (Traditional and Western) horse/rider participation and year end awards. Use the same small and large courts and lettering as Traditional Dressage tests.
- Encourages horsemanship as dressage benefits ALL riders and equines regardless of breed or tack preference.
If you are interested in partnering with NAWD for show recognition, please send email us!