- This event has passed.
United for Texas Virtual Show Sept 15-24
September 15 @ 8:00 am - September 24 @ 11:59 pm
United for Texas
United for Texas Virtual Show ~Registration is OPEN!
Hurricane Harvey barreled into the Texas Gulf Coast in late August, affecting millions of Texans and their animals. In an effort to help the relief effort, North American Western Dressage is donating 100% of all proceeds from its “United for Texas” Virtual Show, September 15–24. When we say 100%, we mean it! Everyone involved is donating their time and we are thankful for judges and volunteers for stepping up to the plate. Horseshowribbons.com will be donating ribbons for this show so every penny we bring in will go to support the horses. We intend to split the proceeds between individuals, clubs, and organizations based on personal recommendations from our friends and members that are working on the front-lines to help equines and their owners.
If you’ve ever been curious about trying a virtual horse show, now’s the time—it’s a small way to help Texas hurricane and flood victims while also helping to improve your horsemanship.
Open, Amateur and Youth divisions are offered in each class; versatility awards are presented to the top exhibitors in each division who complete at least three tests, one of which is an in-hand test. Classes offered are:
- NAWD Six Feet on the Ground (in-hand) Sorry, no Long-Reining for this show.
- Choice of NAWD or USEF Western Dressage.
- USDF Traditional Dressage or Dressage on a Dime tests.
- NAWD Ranch Horse
- NAWD Freestyle (NAWD All-Around Western dressage or in-hand Freestyle). Sorry, no USEF Freestyles for this show.
All proceeds from the show will be donated to the relief efforts, along with a semi-load of hay courtesy of Dostal Hay Service for which we are currently seeking transportation from Rice Lake, Wisconsin.
Tests are $25 each with a $5 office fee charge per entry. NAWD membership is not required. The Top Six participants in each class receive artisan ribbons designed by Michelle Guillot.
The casual, low-key atmosphere is giving people confidence to ride, try, and have FUN! The virtual show system is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and several times each year we offer special events with real ribbons and prizes! Michelle Guillot has designed beautiful artisan ribbons for each of our shows!
Entry fee is $25 per test with an office fee of $5 when you sign up early.
There are just a few easy steps to follow:
1. Purchase your ride or sign up with a Host Barn
2. Set up your arena in an area at least 55 feet wide x 110 feet long. Download the dressage court calculator for easy calculations of letter placement. Dressage Court Calculator NAWD 2014
Your arena doesn't need to be fancy. Any level area will work well and we have seen cones, trash cans, 5 gallon pails, just about anything used for markers
3. Have someone video your test from the position the judge would sit, just beyond "C". Your videographer should use zoom just enough to help the judge see, but don't cut off the horse's legs or the rider's head, and keep the angle wide enough to see the geometry of the ride.
Video from beginning to end of the test without stopping. Do not mute the microphone on your camera as coaching is not allowed. Test callers are permitted in all divisions except for Ranch Horse.
4. Upload the test to your own Youtube Channel, marked as "unlisted".
5. Send an email to email@example.com with the rider name, horse name, and link to the video.
Scores may also be submitted for the NAWD Stars Achievement or the NAWD Trax Year-End Competition Programs.