- This event has passed.
2017 Midsummer Celebration Virtual Dressage Show
July 14 - July 23
Midsummer Celebration Virtual Show
2017 Midsummer celebration. July is the peak of the riding season for many of us in the colder climates, and we are finding that we have a lot to be thankful for. Western Dressage continues to help horses and riders improve their relationships, Six Feet on the Ground continues with strong and steady growth and we have been very pleased with the number of entries in our new Long Reining program!
The casual, low-key atmosphere is giving people confidence to ride, try, and have FUN! The virtual show system is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and several times each year we offer special events with real ribbons and prizes! Michelle Guillot has designed beautiful artisan ribbons for each of our shows!
Entry fee is $25 per test with an office fee of $5 when you sign up early.
There are just a few easy steps to follow:
1. Purchase your ride or sign up with a Host Barn
2. Set up your arena in an area at least 55 feet wide x 110 feet long. Download the dressage court calculator for easy calculations of letter placement. Dressage Court Calculator NAWD 2014
Your arena doesn't need to be fancy. Any level area will work well and we have seen cones, trash cans, 5 gallon pails, just about anything used for markers
3. Have someone video your test from the position the judge would sit, just beyond "C". Your videographer should use zoom just enough to help the judge see, but don't cut off the horse's legs or the rider's head, and keep the angle wide enough to see the geometry of the ride.
Video from beginning to end of the test without stopping.
4. Upload the test to your own Youtube Channel, marked as "unlisted".
5. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the rider name, horse name, and link to the video.
We'll send the video to our judging team and you generally will have results within a week (often sooner). Results will be placed in your own personal "NAWD Vault", a place to keep all of your scoresheets so you can track your progress!
Scores may also be submitted for the NAWD Stars Achievement or the NAWD Trax Year-End Competition Programs.